Sherwin Williams is seeking an Intellectual Property/Patent Paralegal. The Intellectual Property/Patent Paralegal and Trademark position is responsible for providing legal and administrative support to in-house IP counsel. Legal support includes, without limitation, those tasks and responsibilities generally performed by IP paralegals in law firms and corporate legal departments.
Intellectual Property/Patent portfolio management, documentation, docketing and maintenance:
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of company systems, tools and processes and procedures related to the documentation and protection of IP assets worldwide.
- Collaborate with business units and corporate departments on the collection, preparation and filing of documents and related correspondence for IP assets.
- Assist attorneys with IP filings, correspondence and docketing and daily practice management.
- Possess and maintain knowledge of systems and procedures for protection of IP assets with government and administrative agencies worldwide.
Intellectual Property/Trademark Support:
- Conduct computer searches to determine availability of proposed trademarks.
- Prepare and file domestic trademark applications, affidavits and renewals.
- Coordinate with foreign counsel to file foreign trademark applications, affidavits and renewals.
- Prepare documents necessary to assert or defend trademark oppositions and cancellations.
- Monitor U.S. publications for potential infringement of the Company’s trademarks.
- Maintain electronic docketing system for trademark activities.
- Docketing (including processing IP communications to and from outside/foreign counsel and the USPTO and docketing due dates as necessary), document preparation (including filing papers, draft responses, information disclosure statements), electronic filing, foreign and international IP filings (including corresponding with foreign associates), coordinating annuities, assisting attorneys with IP filing metrics, cost reduction projects and internal process efficiencies (including maintaining a best practices handbook for IP matters).
- Administrative support may include, without limitation, the oversight and use of electronic matter management, docketing, billing and budgeting systems, the processing of new matters and the preparation of various reports and analyses.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Paralegal Certification OR Associate Degree in Paralegal Studies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 1 year of IP legal or administrative experience
- Familiarity and expertise with IP rules, regulations and procedures
- More than five years of job-related experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
To apply, please visit this website: https://jobsearch.sherwin.com/
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota