Whole Biome Inc. is seeking a Patent Agent.
- Be responsible for all aspects of company's patent practice, including assisting in evaluating invention disclosures, drafting patent specifications and claims, preparing and prosecuting applications, and working on proceedings in the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Work with creative and inventive people at Whole Biome, whether in R&D, marketing, or any other function, to identify and refine patentable inventions and file strong new patent applications at an aggressive pace. Provide guidance and input on data generation to further enable and strengthen patent claims.
- Implement winning strategies to ensure broad coverage and issuance of claims.
- Prosecute and manage the full docket of patent applications with USPTO and with foreign patent offices, while working in close coordination with external IP counsel.
- Oversee and evaluate freedom-to-operate and patentability analyses.
- Analyze competitive threats on a dynamic basis by performing periodic reviews of third party patents and patent applications. Provide summary digests to company management.
- Educate and train scientists and company personnel on relevant IP matters.
- Stay on top of company's rapidly moving scientific progress and continuously review draft publications, poster presentations, conference abstracts, etc. for potential patentable content.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience as a Patent Agent at a law firm is required
- Registered to practice before the USPTO
- An advanced degree in biology, pharmacology, immunology, biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, or similar fields
- Team-oriented individual able to interact with individuals in different functions
- Lab training in biological sciences would be highly preferred
- Prior experience at a small-mid size biotechnology company is a plus
To apply, please email email@example.com. Send resume and an example of a patent filing, if available.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: San Francisco, California