McGuireWoods LLP has an immediate need for a Patent Agent in either Houston or Dallas. The Patent Agent will prepare original patent applications, prepare responses to office actions received from the USPTO, and handle routine correspondence with the USPTO. The ideal candidate will be registered with the USPTO, have a degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry, and experience preparing patent applications.
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- Writes new patent applications for filing at USPTO.
- Analyzes and revises patent agreements and assists with appeals, inferences, reexaminations, interviews and reissues.
- Negotiates and drafts patent agreements; prepares documents for filing and processing.
- Drafts responses to USPTO office actions.
- Performs patentability and freedom-to-operate searches, publication clearance reviews and assists in maintaining an active prosecution docket.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry and a minimum of two years of experience drafting, filing and prosecuting patent applications in the USPTO for an intellectual property law firm.
- Must be registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (PTO).
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to respond effectively to clients, employees and management and handle sensitive and/or confidential communications.
- Ability to work under time restraints and deadlines.
To apply, please email us at at: email@example.com.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Dallas or Houston, Texas