Hyundai-Aptiv Autonomous Driving Joint Venture develops world class production-ready autonomous driving systems. We are seeking a talented IP Counsel with experience in preparing and prosecuting patent applications to maintain and enhance our IP portfolio. The position is based out of our Boston headquarters.
- Manage the preparation and prosecution of patent applications from ideation to filing
- Lead patent harvesting and brainstorming sessions across different sites
- Review outside counsel work product including draft patent applications and draft office action responses
- Manage and assist with growing our patent portfolio
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Software Engineering, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or other relevant technical discipline
- 2-4 years of US patent prosecution experience at a law firm or technology company with a proven track record of successful applications
- USPTO registration
- Member of at least one State bar in the US
- Strong ability to write concisely and clearly
- Ability to collaborate effectively with both engineers and outside counsel
- Ability and willingness to work across time zones
- Comfortable with a minimum of 25% travel (domestic and international) per year
Apply online: https://jobs.lever.co/hyundai-aptivad/f86a792d-e440-4996-ac4d-40ea60bb618d. You'll be asked to include a resume and writing sample.