McGuireWoods LLP has an opening for a Technical Advisor to provide litigation support to patent teams on telecom-related matters in one of the following locations: Richmond, Washington D.C., Tyson’s Corner, Dallas or Houston. The candidate should have a post-graduate degree in Electrical Engineering with technical expertise in the telecommunications industry and specific experience with the 4G/5G telecommunications standards. Experience with patents or qualification as a patent agent is a plus.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Understands the historical and latest developments in the specific and related areas of technology.
- Analyzes and understands standards applicable in the specific and related areas of technology.
- Analyzes patents in the specific and related areas of technology, including patents and patent families at issue in litigation.
- Analyzes embodiments of the specific and related areas of technology, including use of products, methods, and services by clients, and provides supporting technical analyses relating to infringement and non-infringement.
- Performs research and analyzes patents and other prior art in specific and related areas of technology, including for validity or invalidity purposes.
- Conveys knowledge and teaches litigation teams about technology, products, services and patents at issue.
- Requires a Masters Degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering
- Technical expertise in telecommunications technology, including specifically within 4G/5G space, obtained from at least 2-4 years relevant work experience or academia
Apply online at:
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Richmond, VA; Dallas, TX; Washington, DC; Tyson's Corner, VA; Houston, TX