Alfred Mann Foundation is seeking a patent agent in Valencia, California.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies, documents, protects, and maintains AMF’s Intellectual Property.
- Conducts prior art, patent landscape, freedom to operate and clearance searches.
- Manages patent prosecution with outside U. S. and foreign counsel.
- Prepares and files in-house patent applications.
- Assists in licensing and development by updating AMF’s current patent data.
- Assists R&D and Management in identifying promising or threatening technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Physics with 2-4 years of patent application preparation and patent prosecution experience.
- Degree or background in electrical engineering is preferred.
- Some work experience, especially in the medical device industry would be a plus, but not required.
- Must be registered as a Patent Agent to practice in front of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Apply via email to:
Include a resume with your submission.
Employer Type: Non-Profit
Job Location: Valencia, California