Dority & Manning has developed a dynamic, energetic, and inclusive environment where all individuals are accepted, valued, empowered, and able to meet their highest potential.
Do you enjoy engaging with a vibrant team, having the ability to provide input for key decisions, and having access to leadership training and professional development? Are you looking for a firm where you can make a direct impact by closely partnering with in-house counsel? Do you thrive in a casual and close-knit team atmosphere that offers unique mentorship opportunities?
Our firm is a rapidly growing intellectual property boutique with a unique approach to legal service and business operations. Not only do we believe that success is built upon exceptional relationships – internally and externally, but we also offer a distinctive firm structure and innovative solutions tailored to individual client needs. Our firm thrives on foundations of trust, openness, and integrity to build an environment of true collaboration. We aim to invest in our people, culture, and systems to create an atmosphere where all people grow and succeed.
From start-up ventures to multinational, Fortune 100 corporations, Dority & Manning represents a diverse set of organizations in all aspects of intellectual property law. Our team works closely with high-technology clients developing advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning, quantum computing, and other innovative technologies to secure patent protection and provide relevant strategic counsel.
- Partner with the D&M team and in-house teams to develop and execute thoughtful and effective global IP strategies.
- Draft and prosecute patent applications.
- Draft opinions of counsel.
- Conduct due diligence investigations and perform freedom-to-operate and landscape analyses.
- Assist in key litigation activities.
- Opportunities for strategic counseling through client-facing interactions.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, or related fields of study and/or relevant experience.
- Must be a member of the U.S. patent bar.
- Minimum of 2 years of patent drafting and prosecution experience required.
- A respectful, friendly, and energetic environment built on trust.
- A culture that thrives on collaboration, transparency, and team building.
- Immediate introduction and partnership with leading high-technology clients, including Fortune 100 companies.
- Regular opportunities for travel and in-person client interactions.
- Professional trainer and training program implemented to enhance each individual skill set.
- Unique leadership and professional development opportunities provided.
- Formal mentoring program.
- Regular social gatherings and celebrations to build internal relationships and to support charitable causes that mean the most to our team.
- Opportunities for client Secondments.
- Emphasis on work/life balance.
- Sit and stand desks for all employees.
- No-meeting Wednesdays.
- Casual attire.
- 401k/Profit Sharing.
- Employer Paid Benefits (100% of Medical for employee).
If this position resonates with you, we would love to speak with you. To apply, please email a resume to: email@example.com
Dority & Manning strongly values diverse talent and will continue to provide equal opportunities to all qualified applicants for competitive employment positions regardless of age, race, color, marital status, gender identity or origin, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Greenville, SC; Seattle,WA