United IP Counselors, LLC, a small law firm, is seeking a Chemical/Bio-Tech Patent Agent to work in Washington, DC.
- Four (4) to eight (8) years of patent prosecution experience with chemical and or Bio-tech patent applications either in the private sector, or a combination of private sector experience and experience as a U.S. patent examiner.
- Doctorate degree in organic chemistry, chemical engineering or related field is REQUIRED.
- Superior writing skills in both written correspondence and in drafting and prosecuting patent applications.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to explain complex information to a range of people with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- Well organized, detail oriented individual capable of working in a team-oriented office environment.
- Ability to adequately represent and reflect company philosophy to clients, inventors, regulatory agencies, and industry peers both domestically and internationally.
- Deep knowledge of USPTO rules and practices. Broader knowledge of international patent law and practice is a plus.
The patent agent oversees client relations and provides patent services to the firm's clients in the fields of organic chemistry and bio-tech engineering.
- Provides detail and complex expertise to the firm in the areas of organic chemical and bio-tech engineering.
- Drafts and prepares patent applications for filing with the USPTO while working closely with clients and team members on follow-up, examiner interviews and patent issuance.
- Prepares responses to official actions from the USPTO and other intellectual property authorities.
- Coordinates with staff to develop and implement policies and procedures for efficiently filing and prosecuting patent applications, including original U.S. applications, Paris Convention applications, and PCT National Phase applications.
- Directs the efforts of vendors, including translators, patent searchers, and patent illustrators.
- Assists with conflict-of-interest searches related to new patent applications.
- In collaboration with firm professionals and staff, identifies potential new clients and new areas of business.
Apply via email to:
Please submit resume with cover.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Washington D.C.