Michael Best & Friedrich LLP is seeking an Intellectual Property (IP) Administrator for our Madison, Milwaukee, Waukesha (WI) or Chicago (IL) offices. This role will be responsible for managing the day to day prosecution of domestic and foreign trademark and copyright applications. This includes all aspects of trademark searching, clearance, prosecution, maintenance, and enforcement.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete electronic filings in the USPTO, including the TTAB, and WIPO.
- Oversee all aspects of U.S. and foreign trademark prosecution, oppositions, and cancellations.
- Analyze trademark watch notices and manage watch services.
- Conduct, review and analyze trademark searches.
- Manage IP portfolio, including international trademark portfolios.
- Perform trademark clearance, registration, maintenance, and due diligence.
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of three years of work experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Proficient with relevant IP databases including USPTO and WIPO websites and Corsearch for searching and trademark watching.
- Familiarity with the Trademark Manual of Examination (TMEP).
- Experience with trademark docketing software, including docketing, running searches and preparing portfolio reports.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects while managing critical deadlines.
- Self-motivated while working in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Knowledge of Anaqua, Elite and/or iManage (or similar document management system) is a plus.
- Valid authorization to work in the US.
To be considered for this position, please submit an application via our online portal.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Madison, WI; Milwaukee, WI; Waukesha, WI; Chicago, IL