Viasat, Inc, an American communications company based in Carlsbad, California, is seeking a patent agent.
Job Responsibilities :
Enhancing communication all around the globe… Our customers range from Commercial to Government making us complex, yet flexible in meeting the world’s communication needs. Each group at ViaSat contributes to the launch of every satellite, how exciting is that?
As a Patent Agent you will utilize your expertise by supporting one or more business areas through working with in-house counsel, outside patent counsel, business area managers, technical leads, and inventors. You will prepare and prosecute patent applications, patent searching, and other activities in support of company’s patent portfolio.
- Engineering experience in one or more of: networking/Internet, cloud computing, telecommunications, information assurance, signal processing, big data
- 5-10 years experience in patent drafting and prosecution
- USPTO registration
- Ability to function in a dynamic team-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science or related field with relevant experience
- U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for some projects in which case, verification of such status will be required upon accepting employment
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Invention harvesting
- Landscape analysis
- PCT/International patent
Apply online at:
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Carlsbad, CA