Mintz is looking for a patent agent or associate with at least two years of patent prosecution experience and a technology background in computer science, computer engineering, and/or electrical engineering. Candidates should have experience in one or more of the following technologies: machine learning, artificial intelligence, and image & signal processing. Specific duties include:
- Reviewing invention disclosure documents and conducting invention disclosure meetings
- Conducting prior searches, reviewing references and analyzing patentability
- Drafting patent applications
- Reviewing USPTO office actions, formulating response strategies, conducting examiner interviews, and drafting and filing responses
- Managing U.S. and foreign dockets
- Analyzing patents in connection with due diligence and/or freedom to operate analyses
Collaboration with team members is an important component of any role at Mintz. Therefore, the firm encourages working from the office approximately 60% of the time in accordance with the firm’s published guidelines.
Please include cover letter and resume/SV with your submission.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Boston, New York, Washington DC, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco