Jones Robb, PLLC is seeking registered patent attorneys or patent agents for full- or part-time opportunities. Responsibilities include preparing and prosecuting domestic and international patent applications, including strategic patent portfolio development, and other patent-related counseling, including opinions and post-grant projects.
Requirements for Qualified Candidates:
Technical background in any of the following: Physics, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and/or computer/data science.
Relevant experience, including: 3 or more years of drafting and prosecuting patent applications, complex patent office proceedings, opinions of counsel, or other related patent practice experience.
Registered to practice before the USPTO.
Traits We Are Seeking:
High-Performing, Accountable Professionals - We are a small firm that offers big firm client services. We provide the leadership and training, but you must bring your exceptional work ethic and dedication to your craft. This means we are looking for individuals who can: -manage multiple priorities, deliver timely and quality work product, communicate in a poised and professional manner with clients and team-members, take pride and ownership in their work, and want to grow professionally.
Problem Solvers and Out-of-the-Box Thinkers – Our clients have varied goals and business objectives and we are committed to offering customized service to meet their needs. We need individuals who:
-possess the ability to think strategically, embrace exposure to a variety of clients and types of work, seek ways to enhance the client experience, and drive value for our service delivery.
Team-Oriented Individuals and Creative Spirits - From our inception, we have sought to expand our team and embrace diversity. This means, we welcome team members who:
- represent different backgrounds and points of view, possess unique skill sets and experiences, can work remotely while still integrating with the team, enjoy a collaborative environment but value that every individual plays an important role, and bring a positive attitude to working with team members and serving our clients.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An established boutique patent law firm that offers the opportunity to work on exciting, diverse technologies and challenging legal issues for various Fortune 500 and venture-backed startup companies.
- Patent practitioners at all levels who work in collegial teams and directly with clients.
- A culture based on strong performance, excellent work ethic, high-quality work product, and professionalism that is counter-balanced with remote working environments, flexible hours, and the camaraderie of a close-knit team that values individuals and their talents.
- An outstanding firm culture that encourages a work/life balance while prioritizing our clients’ needs and firm metrics.
- An award-winning firm and attorneys who have been highly ranked in IAM Patent 1000 – The World’s Leading Patent Professionals (2015-2022); recognized as IP STARS by Managing IP (2022), and most recently, was honored by Virginia Lawyers Weekly as Go-To Lawyers for Intellectual Property.
Apply via email to: email@example.com. Jones Robb is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Include your resume, transcripts for technical and legal education, and a writing sample with your submission.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Tysons Corner, VA/Remote