Leading legal bloggers will be in Chicago November 11 and 12 for BlawgThink 2005: a bold new approach to learning about legal blogging. Day One will feature more traditional sessions broken-out led by top legal bloggers on topics such as blogging how-to, blogging tools, marketing tips, content strategies, RSS and ethics. Day Two will have some planned activities, but will be agenda will be primarily attendee driven with collaborative brainstorming and small group discussions. This will be one of the most innovative, creative, and energetic conference that you have ever attended. The organizers have lined up nice sponsors with some great freebies. . . Contact Matt Homann (email@example.com) for an invitation. A number of IP bloggers will in attendance including Stephen Nipper, Matthew Buchanan, Douglas Sorocco, Cathy Kirkman, Brandy Karl, Russ Krajec, and me.
Doctrine of Equivalents: Vitiation and Estoppel
If you are in Kansas City on November 16, I would love to meet you at the KCMBA sponsored luncheon from 12:30 to 1:30. I will be discussing the DOE and how recent case-law has changed our perspective. Sean Bradley of Erikson & Kleypas will moderate.
- November 14–15, Advanced Patent Prosecution, New York – PLI
- November 18, Resolving Uncertainty in Biotechnology Patent Law, Boston – Suffolk University (looks to be an excellent discussion on a timely issue)
- November 28–29, Patent Litigation, Chicago – PLI
- November 30 – December 2, Fundamentals of Patent Prosecution, San Francisco — PLI (great intro for attorneys with 1–3 year experience)
- December 5, 16th Annual PTO Day, Washington, DC – IPO