The following is a list of upcoming events that I will be attending. I look forward to seeing you there!:
- Texas Intellectual Property Law Journal’s 11th Annual Intellectual Property Symposium at The University of Texas School of Law in Austin on February 19th, 2010.
- Stanford Technology Law Review Symposium at Stanford Law School focusing on “PTO Reform” on February 26, 2010.
- IP Law Summit for Corporate IP Counsel in Miami at the Doral Resort on March 25–27, 2010.
- Corporate IP Counsel Summit in New York City at the Helmsley Hotel on April 27–28, 2010.
If you are looking for me, I bear some resemblance to the photo on the right.
There are lots of recent patent law job postings. The following jobs were posed in the past two-weeks:
- Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge is seeking two candidates, each with a focus on biotechnology and superior credentials. [Junior/Midlevel Associate][Junior Attorney/Agent]
- Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) in beautiful Portland Oregon is seeking an in-house patent counsel.
- Qualcomm is seeking a patent counsel for its portfolio management team in San Diego; an open source software attorney in San Diego; and patent attorneys with 3–5 years patent prosecution experience in multiple locations.
- Life Technologies is seeking a patent agent to handle patent prosecution and portfolio management in the company’s DNA Sequencing Business Unit.
- Intellectual Ventures (IV) is seeking a patent attorney who “loves fast-paced business action, is detail-oriented, independently motivated, and has the confidence and ability to interact with clients and co-workers in a professional, approachable, and positive manner.” (Bellevue Washington).
- Edell Shapiro & Finnan is seeking a patent attorney (2–years patent prosecution experience) with a focus on mechanical engineering. (Rockville, Maryland).
- ION Torrent Systems is seeking a patent attorney (at least 2–5 years experience) with semiconductor expertise to work in its San Francisco, California offices.
- Fiala & Weaver is seeking part-time and full-time patent agents and patent attorneys for patent preparation and prosecution. The firm is located in Washington DC, but qualified remote candidates may be considered.