- Thirty Percent (30%) of all USPTO patent correspondence is now communicated electronically. Up to three e-mail addresses can be identified for each pending application. Rather than sending paper, applicants receive an e-mail notification of an office communication that can then be accessed via Private PAIR.
- The e-Office Action system can help streamline docketing. In addition, attorneys receive the communication a few days earlier and in a form that can be easily communicated to their clients.
- More Info
Blogs to Check-Out:
- Patent Math by Dave Healey of Fish & Richardson
- All Things Pros by Karen Hazzah of Thomas Kayden
- Patent Think by David Feigenbaum of Fish & Richardson
Recent Patently-O Job Posting:
- In Seattle, the Miller Nash firm is seeking a medical devices patent attorney with at least four years of IP practice experience. [Link]
- The DC Area firm McGinn IP (located in Tysons Corner, Virginia) seeks an experienced patent attorney with an electrical engineering background. [Link]
- The Denver based firm Holland & Hart is seeking a licensing and technology transactional attorneys. Potential to join any of the H&H offices (Denver, Boulder, Salt Lake, Boise). [10+ years Experience][5+ years Experience]
- Holland & Hart is also seeking an associate for their trademark enforcement practice. Must have outstanding academic record, superior writing and communication skills. [Link]
- Pfizer is seeking an Assistant General Counsel for Patents to support its Vaccines Research Unit and Center for Integrative Biology and Biotheraputics. [Ph.D. J.D. and 10+ years Experience]
- The bio/pharma company Gilead Sciences seeks a patent attorney to work with it respiratory therapeutics area in Seattle, Washington. 8+ years IP experience including in-house experience. [Link]
- Kroger is looking to hire a patent counsel to help develop a corporate patent strategy, oversee Kroger’s patent portfolio and manage liability. [Link]