A new set of US Patent Office fees will become effective on January 1, 2014.
Issue Fee Decrease:
- Issue fee: from $1,780 to $960
- Reissue Fee: from $1,780 to $960
- Design Issue Fee: from $1,020 to $560
- Publication Fee: From $300 to $0
- Note: Small and Micro Entity reductions are available for all issue fees. I suspect that a substantial number of applicants will delay payment of issue fee until after the new year in order to take advantage of this significant savings-per-patent.
Small and Micro Entity Reductions for PCT / International Stage Applications
- Small and Micro entity fee reductions will be available for a variety of new PCT fees. This change significantly changes the cost-structure for small companies considering PCT filings.
Assignment Recordation Fee Elimination:
- When submitting an assignment electronically, the fee drops from $40 to $0 for recording the assignment.