Recent Headlines in the IP World:
- Stephanie Nebehay: ‘Driving force’ China accounts for nearly half global patent filings: U.N. (Source: Reuters)
- Matt Yemma: Province Brands of Canada Achieves Major Milestone (Source: Yahoo Finance)
- Ilkka Kangasniemi: BBS-Bioactive Bone Substitutes Plc: The Patent Application Regarding a Bone Protein Preparation has been Accepted in Canada (Source: Yahoo Finance)
- Kiri Masters: Amazon’s New ‘Utility Patent Neutral Evaluation’ Process Stops Bogus IP Claims (Source: Forbes)
- Victoria Song: Apple Patent Application Hints at AR Glasses With Transition-Like Lenses (Source: Gizmodo)
Commentary and Journal Articles:
- Christina Petersson: Why You Shouldn’t Believe Everything You Read About 5G Patents (Source: Ericsson)
- Jared Council: Can an AI System Be Given a Patent? (Source: The Wall Street Journal)
- Arash Dayani: Patent Trolls and the Market for Acquisition (Source: SSRN)
New Job Postings on Patently-O:
- Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Duane Morris LLP
- Schwegman Lundberg & Woessner, P.A.
- Knobbe Martens–Patent Scientist
- The Farrell Law Firm, P.C.
- Dority & Manning
- Pennington, P.A.
- Whirlpool Corporation
- Volpe and Koenig, PC
- The Marbury Law Group, PLLC
- Klarquist Sparkman, LLP–Patent Attorney and Agent
- Klarquist Sparkman, LLP–Litigation Associate