Invention Law Group, PLLC seeks a highly skilled, motivated and experienced patent attorney.
Intellectual Ventures (“IV”) is a privately held, invention investment company based in Bellevue, Washington. Founded in 2000, IV’s business model centers on creating, acquiring and licensing intellectual property in a variety of technology areas. IV plans to commercialize inventions through licensing, spin-offs, joint ventures and industry partnerships.
Working closely with business managers and senior executives, the Senior Patent Attorney will provide leadership and subject matter expertise primarily in the patent licensing area and particularly to a specific set of companies.
• Direct the creation of materials to be shared with potential licensees.
• Managing patent licensing efforts including asserting patents
• Conduct patent claims and patent infringement analysis, including file history review.
• Provide input into portfolio development for future licensing and enforcement.
• Provide guidance to prosecution (reissues, reexaminations, continuations, foreign filing, etc)
• Provide direction and effectively manage relationships with multiple outside counsel in all of the above.
• Play appropriate role (which could vary from support role to lead negotiator to sole attorney depending on complexity of the transaction and relationships) in drafting and negotiating complex contracts and other materials to be shared with investors.
A qualified candidate will be a registered patent attorney, with strong patent licensing experience, a broad software, semiconductors, electronics, information technology, computer hardware, networking and wireless background and possess the following:
• 10+ years patent law experience with 2+ years recent experience in patent licensing.
• Broad technical knowledge, familiarity with all relevant technologies
• Excellent negotiation and contract drafting skills
• Expert knowledge of principles, practices, case law and state of the art in patent licensing
• Experience managing outside counsel
• Ability to plan, organize and direct legal staff
• Ability to communicate information effectively, both orally and in writing
• Ability to work well with others and to quickly assimilate and understand information (including highly technical information)
• Ability to make sound business decisions
• Some work experience in an engineering role is preferred
Education: A qualified candidate will be a registered patent attorney with the following:
• J.D., Law degree (preferably from a strong IP program) is required.
• Registration before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office and license to practice in at least one state (preferably California) is required.
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably graduate degree) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or some other very closely related field is required.
Please apply directly to email@example.com.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Location: Bellevue, Washington