Qualcomm is looking for a US Patent Attorney or a registered India Patent Attorney/ Agent to support Qualcomm's facilities in Hyderabad, Bangalore, and Chennai. The ideal candidate will also have several years practice across all aspects of patent law, and have experience in interfacing with Government agencies and official bodies in relation to policy, legislation and standards. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to deliver effective and sound legal and leadership judgment in the day-to-day execution of the duties and responsibilities that attach to the position.
• Contributing to internal patent review boards on the selection of inventions conceived in India for patent protection in India and around the world.
• Supervising and reviewing the preparation of patent applications by outside patent counsel in India for first filing and prosecution at the Patent Office in India and/or the USPTO and subsequent filing and prosecution internationally via the PCT system.
• Providing advice to internal clients on the preparation and prosecution of patent applications, on legal issues in general and in relation to domestic and international patent law, and on Qualcomms internal patent processes and procedures, including client education on the same.
• Reviewing, from an IP perspective, contracts, company policy documents and documents for public release, and assisting in patent analysis and due diligence investigations.
• Working with the companys Government Affairs, IP Strategy, and legal teams in the development and execution of the companys intellectual property strategy and policy advocacy programs, including interfacing with relevant branches of the Indian government and academic institutions to promote international best practices in India in relation to intellectual property including patents, designs, trademarks and copyrights, in relation to competition/anti-trust legislation and in relation to standards.
Candidates will be a Registered India Patent Agent, licensed to practice Indian law, or a US Patent Attorney and have at least 5 years intellectual property experience in a law firm or an in-house department. Candidates are expected to be self-motivated, able to work independently and demonstrate skills in interviewing engineers, preparing patent specifications and prosecuting patent applications in both domestic and foreign settings.
Interested applicants can apply online at: https://jobs.qualcomm.com/public/jobDetails.xhtml?requisitionId=1884987&page=jobSearch.
Employer Type: Large Organization
Job Location: India (Hyderabad, Bangalore, or Chennai)