Sequenom, a biotech company that is dedicated to improving healthcare through revolutionary genetic analysis solutions, is seeking a Patent Agent who will be responsible for managing intellectual property matters (particularly patents and patent applications) and assisting with the strategic direction of the company with respect to its IP portfolio. The ideal candidate will evaluate IP issues, such as patentability and freedom to operate and support as well as draft patent applications and review license agreements with respect to the scope and strength of the licensed IP.
• Prepare, prosecute, and manage Sequenom’s intellectual property portfolio
• Assist with opinions on patent and other intellectual property matters
• Perform due diligence and analyses for in-licensing and collaboration opportunities
• Review draft manuscripts and other Company literature, such as advertising materials, technical notes, etc. for intellectual property issues
• Assist Senior Intellectual Property Attorneys
• Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
• 4+ years of relevant experience
• Bachelors of Science degree in molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, bioinformatics or a similar field is required. Masters of Science or Ph.D. degree highly desired
• Strong knowledge of molecular biology, molecular diagnostics and genetics
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to quickly understand and effectively communicate
To apply, please visit http://www.sequenom.com/Careers/Jobs. EEO/AA M/F/V/D
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: San Diego, California
Sequenom is on the forefront of cutting-edge technologies and ground-breaking clinical diagnostic tests. Headquartered in San Diego, with offices located around the world, we provide the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated scientific leaders while developing and expanding your own career. We know our strength and competitive advantage comes from our people so we strive to maintain a motivated team and an environment that supports diversity, encourages creativity, and most importantly, fosters innovation. Our employees are rewarded with excellent compensation and top-notch benefits. Consider joining the Sequenom team, where you can help make an impact in revolutionizing medical technology.