Working at Plantronics gives you the rare opportunity to make a difference and feel valued, respected and supported, both personally and professionally. You'll find the ideal blend of a casual, fun, friendly atmosphere with a strong commitment to the company's success.
The Patent Counsel’s primary responsibilities will be patent prosecution and IP enforcement against counterfeit and grey goods.
- Prepare and prosecute domestic and foreign design and utility patent applications, from invention disclosure through appeal.
- Instruct and monitor in-house paralegal, foreign and domestic outside counsel, and related service providers.
- Conduct IP enforcement matters, including against counterfeiters, and, if appropriate in the relevant jurisdiction, grey goods sellers and importers.
- Assist with other substantive legal work as required, including assessing IP infringement claims, IP licensing, litigation support etc.
- An electrical engineering degree is preferred. Depending on experience, computer science, physics or other engineering degree may be acceptable.
- Preferably five or more years but no less than three years of patent prosecution experience.
- Registered to practice before the USPTO.
- At least one state bar registration.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Self-starter and ability to work efficiently with limited direction.
- Superior organization skills and high attention to detail.
- Commitment to complete IP research and providing thorough and excellent advice to clients
To apply, please visit this website: https://career4.successfactors.com/career?career%5fns=job%5flisting&company=Plantronics&navBarLevel=JOB%5fSEARCH&rcm%5fsite%5flocale=en%5fUS&career_job_req_id=31806&selected_lang=en_US&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&_s.crb=9RJCUWIZJO0WWBcOXxR6U3gYsW4%3d.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Santa Cruz, California