“The work environment for attorneys at Jones Robb is excellent. It’s a collegial environment. The membership team is thoughtful and they are great communicators. The work is diverse, no two days are the same.” These thoughts were shared by an attorney during a recent employee survey conducted to test how well we are doing at leading and motivating our employees. What if you had the opportunity to learn and work on a variety of technologies in multiple industry sectors under the mentorship of different partners? Imagine being able to work with different clients, interacting in different ways to solve challenging problems and achieve different client-specific goals. Our attorneys know that working on the same type of work product, in the same discipline can lead to burn out in the patent world. We get it, which is why we are a diverse patent boutique firm with a strong mix of clients and projects, with a team-based approach to the delivery of our services.
Our technical expertise spans across a variety of engineering and computer science disciplines, in industry sectors such as automotive, data analytics/processing, biomedical devices, displays, energy, robotics, and telecommunications, to name a few.
If you have 5-10+ years of Patent Law experience in a client-centric environment, have a great attitude, exceptional attention to detail and follow through, can manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment – – keep reading…we want to talk to you.
Jones Robb is based just outside of Washington, D.C., and is seeking Patent Attorneys and Patent Agents, people with a tremendous hunger to learn and master different technologies and to develop client relationship skills to help take our practice to new heights. Outstanding communication skills to carry senior conversations with the Partners, Associates, Staff and Clients are a must.
Qualified candidates will have the ability to work in a team environment and preferably have a technical background in any of our practice areas: physics, mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering, aerospace engineering, computer science, and/or electrical engineering. Candidates must also have strong academic records, and two or more years of significant experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications. Ideal candidates also have a post-graduate degree and experience with complex Patent Office proceedings, client counseling with opinion drafting, and/or other related patent practice experience.
Do you have interest in cultivating your patent legal skills, acquiring new legal skills, and mastering various technologies? Do you have strategic vision to identify opportunities and challenges? Are you interested in earning great pay working alongside talented attorneys, dedicated partners, and a top-notch staff, in a congenial and collaborative environment? If you think you have what it takes, please review the criteria below, if you do; send us your resume – we want to talk to you!
We don’t want to waste your time, so let us answer a few questions you might have, up front:
What you should expect –
- High performance is a must. If you are not an exceptional attorney or agent, with self-propelled motivation and the ability to think strategically to meet identified business objectives, manage multiple priorities, deliver timely and quality work product, and communicate in a poised and professional manner with clients, please don’t apply.
- Accountability. We may be a small firm, but we offer big firm client services. We are looking for someone who takes pride in their work, and can own both client relationships and their work products. We provide the leadership and training, but you have to bring your exceptional work ethic and dedication to your craft to the table.
- Work hard, play hard. Our small firm has an outstanding culture and enables work life balance, but that is only if we are meeting our clients’ needs and our billable goals. We have an aggressive culture based on strong performance, excellent work ethic, high-quality work product, and professionalism that is counter-balanced with work at home days and the camaraderie of a close-knit team.
- Earn the respect of your peers. You will be working alongside some of the best attorneys and staff in the world; you will need to earn their trust and respect by bringing your technical and legal expertise, a problem-solving spirit and a holistic approach to serving our clients.
- Live in the moment. Jones Robb is growing, which means we are moving fast, and you will be required to quickly adjust priorities to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. This also means we want people in the office and engaged with our team.
Are you still interested? Good, then you should be one of a few qualified candidates that we want to talk to!
To apply, please email resume, under- and post-graduate transcripts, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: McLean, Virginia or Indianapolis, Indiana