Unified Patents is again growing its legal department, and seeks experienced, registered, patent attorneys. Applicants must have at least 3 years of law firm or other relevant experience at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) and post-grant petition (IPR, PGR, and CBM), reexamination, and other administrative drafting and litigation experience;
Applicants should have a degree in Electrical Engineering (EE) or Computer Science (SC), as well as experience with video codecs, coding, cryptography, compression, signals, wireless communications, or other algorithmic subject matter. Patent examination experience is a plus; clerking experience is a plus; familiarity with ongoing cases post-SAS Institutes is a plus. Must be willing to work within a team, work well independently, and enjoy writing and editing. Journal and filing experience a plus. Strong preference for candidates located in the Washington, DC area.
- Managing patent office proceedings internally
- Drafting, filing, and litigating patent office proceedings, e.g., inter partes reviews
- Handling calls with decision makers
- Preparing for, conducting depositions
- Presenting at oral hearings
- Drafting motions and briefs
- Supporting senior attorneys with management of ongoing matters
- Support docketing, e-filing, deposit account, budgeting, and other IP functions
- Editing work product of colleagues, outside counsel
- Amicus curiae drafting and support; comment drafting and support
- Contract, licensing, and other legal support services
- Legal writing, support, and other various legal duties
- 3 years of PTAB (drafting petitions, filing, litigating, deposition) experience
- State and Patent Bar passage
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Patent Office examination experience
- Algorithmic, codec, and other code-based subject matter experience
- Appellate and /or Clerking experience
- EE or CS undergraduate degree
- Graduate Technical (MS, MA, or PhD) degree
- Willing to work from DC strongly preferred
Aggressive, competitive benefits, with generous vacation and paid-for health insurance; freedom to work from home when appropriate; maternity and paternity leave; and financial support for bar and further education.
To apply, please visit this website: https://unifiedpatents.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Washington, D.C.