J. A. Lindeman & Co. is seeking a Patent Attorney/Patent Agent. As a member of the firm’s IP team, the attorney/agent will be involved in all aspects of software, computer science, and engineering practice, including:
- Working with inventors and counseling clients
- Evaluating inventions
- Drafting patent applications and developing patent portfolios
- Preparing responses to the USPTO and to international patent offices
- Analyzing patent materials and
- Preparing freedom-to-operate, invalidity, and non-infringement opinions.
Candidates should be registered to practice before the USPTO and have up to 3 years’ experience in U.S. patent prosecution. Law school students registered to practice before the USPTO are encouraged to apply. Analytical thinking and problem solving skills are essential, and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment is a must. A strong customer service orientation and excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with firm personnel, clients, and foreign counsel are essential.
Interested candidates should send a current resume to Michele McAllister at michele.mcallister@jalindeman.
J.A. Lindeman & Co. PLLC
3190 Fairview Park Drive, Suite 1070
Falls Church, VA 22042
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Falls Church, Virginia