McGuireWoods LLP, a large law firm in Tyson's Corner, VA, is seeking an intellectual property manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Management of the IP (Patent Prosecution and Trademark) support staff to include managing the activities of, and reviewing the work by the IP staff and docket team, performance appraisals, and coaching
- Serve as back-up/overflow support for patent and trademark support team
- Receive, analyze, coordinate and respond to invoice inquiries, including researching trademark prosecution work and filing fees; compare against invoices and client inquiries.
- Coordinate with attorneys on invoice resolutions and communicate to clients re: same via email or correspondence
- Maintain/reconcile USPTO Deposit Account
- Manage the transfer of IP file process for incoming/outgoing client files while ensuring client rights with respect to filing deadlines.
- Seek appropriate internal authorizations to transfers
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Tyson's Corner, VA