Weaver Austin Villeneuve & Sampson LLP, a large law firm, is seeking a Patent Agent, Patent Attorney, Patent Scientist or Patent Trainee to work remotely or in the California Bay Area.
As a Patent Agent, Patent Attorney, or Patent Scientist, you will be responsible for preparing and prosecuting patent applications in a variety of chemistry-related technologies for US and foreign patent prosecution. As a Patent Trainee, we will train you to learn how to prepare and prosecute patent applications in a variety of chemistry-related technologies for US and foreign patent prosecution for a career in patent prosecution at our firm. You will join an incredible team of attorneys, agents, paralegals, and staff that represents a wide range of clients. Technical areas include those relating to semiconductor fabrication techniques, electrochemistry, surface chemistry, materials science, chemical engineering, and bioinformatics.
- Eligible to be admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Minimum B.S. or preferably M.S. or Ph.D. in chemical engineering, materials science, chemistry, physical sciences, or other relevant physical sciences field; or pertinent industry experience.
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in patent prosecution
- Ability to work with colleagues in various time zones in the U.S.
- Patent drafting and prosecution experience in materials science, thin film chemistry, surface chemistry, semiconductor fabrication processes, electrochemistry, chemical engineering, and bioinformatics a plus.
- Not required but a plus: Patent drafting and prosecution experience in materials science, thin film chemistry, surface chemistry, semiconductor fabrication processes, electrochemistry, chemical engineering, and/or bioinformatics.
To apply, email the Hiring Partner Patricia Tsai at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide as attachments to your email the following documents: your resume, cover letter, your college, grad school, and professional school transcripts, at least 2 writing samples, and a list of references.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Remote, or Bay Area, CA