Google LLC, Petitioner v. Oracle America, Inc., SCT Docket No. 18-956
- Whether copyright protection extends to a software interface.
- Whether, as the jury found, petitioner’s use of a software interface in the context of creating a new computer program constitutes fair use.
- Google: Petition for a writ of certiorari
- Oracle: Responsive Brief Due March 27, 2019
Briefs in Support of Google
- Brief amicus curiae of Developers Alliance
- Amicus brief of Eight Intellectual Property Scholars
- Amicus brief of Computer & Communications Industry
- Amicus brief of Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Amicus brief of Professors Peter S. Menell and David Nimmer
- Amicus brief of Sixty Five Intellectual Property Scholars
- Amicus brief of R Street Institute and Public Knowledge
- Motion of Seventy Eight Computer Scientists for leave to file amicus brief
- Amicus brief of Red Hat, Inc.
- Amicus brief of Software Innovators, Startups, and Investors
- Amicus brief of Python Software Foundation and Tidelift
- Amicus brief of American Antitrust Institute
- Amicus brief of Microsoft Corporation
- Amicus brief of Mozilla, et al. [Late Addition]
Briefs in Support of Neither Party
- [None Available Yet]
Briefs in Support of Oracle
- Due in April 2019.