Affinergy is seeking a patent attorney. Affinergy develops site-specific biological delivery systems. We construct bifunctional peptide linkers that can selectively immobilize proteins, cells, and therapeutics onto biomaterial surfaces. Affinergy's multifunctional delivery systems offer unprecedented opportunities to target and customize therapeutic delivery. We have joint research and development partnerships underway with major medical device companies including Boston Scientific, DuPont and Synthes. Affinergy offers a great opportunity to join a dedicated team of visionary scientists and proven entrepreneurs committed to growing the Company's technology platform and improving the quality of products in many important industries. Affinergy has a state of the art 12,000 sq ft facility located in Durham, N.C. adjacent to the Research Triangle Park.
- Draft and prosecute patent applications
- Research and prepare analysis and recommendations related to patentability, patent validity, freedom to operate and infringement
- Primary interface with scientists, external partners, management, and USPTO for all IP matters.
- Liaison with outside patent counsel as needed
- Provide strategic IP advice and recommendations to management.
- Assist with IP-related agreements and transactions
- Assist in other legal matters as needed
The position includes a competitive salary, eligibility for annual bonus, healthcare benefits, and participation in the company's stock option plan.
- Minimum of a Masters in a scientific discipline (PhD a plus)
- Minimum 2+ years experience at a Law Firm, Registered Patent Agent
- J.D., admitted to State Bar, Registered Patent Attorney with at least 3 years experience in patent drafting and prosecution and opinion work
- Willingness to do highest level strategic work and lowest level filing work.
- Communicated clearly in written and verbal forms
- Ability to understand deadlines and commitments
- Good communication skills
PO Box 14650
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Durham, North Carolina