As a premier regional law firm, Holland & Hart has gained a reputation of providing its clientele with the highest quality legal services. Holland & Hart is seeking an IP specialist (a hybrid patent prosecution paralegal/patent secretary) to support their growing electronics patent practice in Boulder and/or Denver, CO.
Duties include supporting our patent attorneys in docket and practice management, the preparation and prosecution of patent applications at the USPTO, and performing a variety of patent support and administrative tasks.
Applicants must have substantive experience with patent prosecution, and desire to have a long term career in this field. Superior attention to detail and proofreading skills are required. Applicants must be proficient at using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and have excellent oral and written communication skills. Patent paralegal experience is highly desirable, as is skill at producing Microsoft Visio documents. Applicants should have the interest and ability to deal with highly-technical subject matter, including cutting-edge computer and electrical material. Excitement about IP, a strong work ethic, and a drive to excel are all necessary.
- Manage and perform range of duties related to electronic internal file system;
- Generate templates for patent applications, and responses to various Office Actions (including but not limited to: a Filing Receipt, Notice to File Missing Parts, Response to Office Action, Notice of Publication, Notice of Allowance, Issue Notification; and Letters Patent). These duties relate to filing/correspondence with USPTO, PCT, and foreign associates;
- Prepare additional templates for various legal documents (Declaration, Powers of Attorney, Assignments);
- Review formalities of filed patent documents to ensure proper form, including Filing Receipts, Declarations, Recordings, Information Disclosure Statements, allowed patents ready to issue, etc.);
- Perform electronic filings at USPTO;
- Manage intake and opening of matters; and
- Perform a range of administrative duties.
We offer excellent salaries, outstanding benefits, and a professional work environment. Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume to: Charlene Moe, Holland & Hart, P.O. Box 8749, Denver, CO 80201 ; CMoe@hollandhart.com or fax (303) 295-8261. No phone calls please.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Boulder, Colorado