Unified Patents is growing its legal team, and is seeking an experienced registered patent attorney with Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) andpost-grant petition (IPR, PGR, and CBM), reexamination, and other administrative drafting and litigation experience, preferably with a background in electrical engineering or computer science and experience with codec, coding, cryptography, compression, or other algorithmic subject matter. Former patent examination experience is a plus; clerking experience is a plus; familiarity with ongoing cases post-SAS Institutes is a plus. Strong preference for candidates located in the Washington, DC area.
Expected duties include:
- Managing patent office proceedings, outside counsel
- Drafting, filing, and litigating patent office proceedings, in particular, inter partes reviews
- Conducting depositions, oral hearings, appellate practice, and litigation
- Support senior patent attorneys and management in ongoing matters
- Support docketing, e-filing and other IP functions
- Editing work product of outside counsel and colleagues
- Amicus curiae drafting and support; comment drafting and support
- Legal writing and other various legal duties
- Experience with PTAB proceedings, including drafting petitions, filing, litigating before the Board, and deposition experience required.
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office required.
- Bar passage required.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment required.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills required.
- Three-to-six years of experience practicing before the Board preferred.
- Patent Office examination experience preferred.
- Experience with algorithmic, codec, and other code-based subject matter preferred.
- Appellate experience preferred.
- Clerking experience preferred.
- EE or CS undergraduate degree required.
- MS, MA, or PhD preferred.
- Location in DC (or ability to relocate) strongly preferred.
To apply, please visit this website: https://www.workable.com/j/
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Washington, D.C.