The Seattle office of Han Santos, PLLC is seeking entry-level to mid-level patent prosecution associates to join its growing patent prosecution practice. Han Santos is a local law firm that offers a collegial work environment with opportunities to grow your legal skills and practice. Han Santos provides corporate, securities, IP procurement, and IP counseling services to clients ranging from small startups to Fortune 500 companies. Our compensation and benefits model is designed to attract and incentivize performers while offering an alternative to the high production commitment work environments of traditional law firms.
Our team includes experienced and highly regarded attorneys from a diverse array of firms and corporations that value providing high quality client services. Han Santos is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to diversity in the workplace. We will offer mentorship and training for qualified entry-level candidates. Candidates will be initially hired on as contractors with the opportunity for full-time employment following evaluation period. Candidates must be located in the Seattle metro area to be considered for contracting or employment.
Candidates will have the following:
- A strong desire to become proficient with drafting patent application and office action responses for clients in diverse technology areas.
- Strong technical and legal writing skills, including the ability to write clearly, concisely, and persuasively to explain technical innovations while applying patent law jurisprudence.
- An ability to conduct independent research to quickly get up to speed on unfamiliar technology.
- A strong sense of self-motivation to meet work product deadlines or complete projects ahead of schedule.
- A science or technical degree. Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or other engineering degree is preferred.
- Admission to the USPTO Patent Bar or eligibility to sit for the USPTO Patent Bar.
If you are interested in this position, please email a cover letter, resume, and a technical writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 500 Union Street, Suite 800; Seattle, Washington 98101. Note: A law school, undergraduate, and/or graduate school transcript may be requested if the candidate has less than one year of patent application drafting experience.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Seattle, WA