It is time again to nominate three new members to the USPTO’s Patent Public Advisory Committee. The PPAC is a group of nine individuals selected by the Commerce Secretary (on the advice of the PTO Director). The committee’s purpose is to advise the PTO Director on the management of operations of the Office. The nine-member PPAC is on a three-year rotating schedule. Each year three new members are appointed.
Nominations for this year’s appointment may be sent to PPACnominations@uspto.gov. Although formal nominations are required, I’m sure that the Chief of Staff would not mind receiving some informal suggestions as well.
Current PPAC Members:
- Chair – Kevin Rivette (VP IBM IP Strategy, Author of Rembrandts in the Attic) 2006
- Maximilian A. Grant (Latham & Watkins Partner)
- Carl E. Gulbrandsen (Managing Director of WARF)
- Dean L. Kamen (Inventor of Segway)
- Gerald J. Mossinghoff (Former PTO Director, Oblon Spivak)
- Lisa K. Norton (Associate at DLA PIPER)
- Douglas Patton (Patton Design – Product Designer) 2006
- M. Andrea Ryan (General Counsel TransForm Pharmaceuticals)
- W. David Westergard (Patent guy at Micron) 2006