- Model Jury Instructions: More on this in an upcoming post. At Judge Michel’s request an all star cast of patent law experts have hammered out a set of model jury instructions for patent infringement actions. [Link][Comments welcome to PatentJuryInstructions@gmail.com]
- BPAI Appeal rules have been stayed – Most likely until after January 20.
Two keen jobs:
- Does stare decisis apply to a previous court’s unappealed claim construction decision? See Shire v. Sandoz
- Donoghue: “Breach of Patent Settlement Does Not Create Federal Jurisdiction” [Link]
- Barkoff: “Federal Circuit Affirms $16.8 Million Award of Fees to Takeda in Pioglitazone Case” [Link]
- In house counsel Brian Schar writes the American Intellectual Property Abstract (American IPA)
- Mullin provides an update on the Troll Tracker defamation suit.
- The Trading Secrets blog has some useful information on protecting rights via employee agreements. [Link]