Practical Law US is seeking an experienced patent litigation attorney to work on patent resources for our Intellectual Property & Technology Service.
The attorney will:
- Conceptualize, draft and edit original legal know-how materials, including practice notes, annotated standard-form documents and transactional checklists for online and print publication.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external law firm contributors.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to plan and lead product demonstrations, webinars and in-person continuing legal education seminars for current and potential subscribers.
- Assist with the development of special projects undertaken by Thomson Reuters and Practical Law.
- Organize and conduct webinars on topics of interest to attorneys practicing in the patent area, and assist with marketing initiatives and sales demonstrations.
- Write and edit content for Practical Law's companion magazine, Practical Law The Journal.
- Develop relationships with law firm attorneys, in-house counsel and industry groups to ensure that the patent litigation content is topical and meets their needs.
Candidates should have at least the following skills and experience:
- At least eight years’ experience working as a patent litigator in a law firm, with expertise in patent and other intellectual property law and practice.
- A good understanding of the needs and priorities of law firm and in-house counsel and the legal market.
- A passion for writing and good editing skills, including:
- very close attention to detail;
- impressive command of grammar, punctuation and plain English;
- strong technical drafting skills; and
- the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
- Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
- Expertise in all aspects of patent litigation and federal practice and procedure is required, optimally including:
- pre-suit investigations;
- drafting patent litigation documents, such as pleadings, motions, discovery requests and responses, proposed jury instructions, and trial and appellate briefs;
- Markman briefing and hearings;
- taking and defending depositions;
- working with expert witnesses;
- arguing motions and/or other applications before a court; and
- preparing for and litigating at trial.
- Significant practice experience in one or more of the following areas is helpful:
- Patent Trial and Appeal Board proceedings;
- ITC Section 337 proceedings;
- Hatch-Waxman ANDA or biosimilar litigation; and/or
- Patent prosecution and strategic counseling.
To apply, please send your resume and a paragraph summary of your relevant experience for this position to: email@example.com.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Flexible location