- Like everyone else, patent attorneys like to clean their desks for the weekend and are less productive on Mondays. The chart to the right shows the percentage of patent of patent applications filed on each day of the week. (My data is from a sample of 1.4 million published patent applications filed 1999 to 2007). With the advent of electronic filing, patent attorneys are now able to file on Sunday. For published applications filed in 2007 about 1 out of every 250 was filed on a Sunday. (0.41%).
- Patent Reform Act: Senator Kyl has introduced S.3600.
Hal Wegner Reports:
- No pay raise for judges this year
- PTO Budget: $2.1 billion
Six supreme court petitions may be decided within a week:
- Nuijten (patentability of a signal)
- Translogic (constitutionality of BPAI appointments)
- Echostar (expert issues)
- Monsanto (patentability of seeds)
- IR v. IXYS (timing of appeals)
- Samsung v. Rambus (sanctions)
- Biomedical Patent Management Corp. v. California Dept. of Health Services (state immunity) is still awaiting the views of the Administration.
- Can someone explain the various curves and bumps from the graph below?