Nike seeks a Patent Expert who will research innovation developments for utility patent opportunities; direct drafting and prosecution of utility patent applications by outside counsel, and interface with outside counsel and inventors to finalize utility patent applications.
The candidate must possess the ability to interface with colleagues having a wide array of expertise in areas of design, science, and engineering in a continually dynamic environment. You'll report on metrics that monitor the pace and efficiency of the patent procurement process. You'll assist in managing the investigation process by collaborating with the Innovation, Product, Trademark, Litigation and Patent groups. You'll provide for intellectual property protection of relevant Nike products and innovations and consult with outside attorneys.
You'll maintain a high level of awareness of all current Nike development projects, production techniques, and materials relating to Nike products. You'll manage and maintain the system of obtaining timely disclosures of new technologies and IP strategic plans from Nike footwear teams. You'll provide these teams with strategies for managing information dissemination with regard to such patents.
- Bachelor's degree in science or engineering
- At least 7 years' patent application and/or prosecution experience preferred
- Technical background recognized by the Patent Office for registration
- Member of the Patent Bar
- Understanding the patenting process
- Understanding of quality control procedures, manufacturing processes and production techniques
- Strong understanding of research methodologies and how they relate to manufacturing and product development
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies
- Strategic planning skills helpful
- Must have a high level of engineering skills and knowledge
We're interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply online.
Nike, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
Apply online by visiting this link: http://jobs.nike.com/search/
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Portland, Oregon