DISH Network, in order to add to our team of talented people, we are currently seeking a Senior IP Counsel to oversee our intellectual property team. Responsibilities include supervising the preparation and prosecution of patent and trademark applications by in-house and outside counsel, providing infringement and clearance opinions, conducting patent licensing negotiations, investigating and assessing patent assertions by others, assisting with patent litigation and conducting IP related due diligence investigations.
• Evaluate and value potential acquisition and licensing opportunities, including responding to patent assertions
• Negotiate and close resulting deals
• Work with the litigation team in resolving patent disputes, including analysis of asserted claims and developing settlement/licensing strategies
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or Physics, JD from an ABA accredited law school
• 7+ years of patent licensing experience with a demonstrated experience of closing significant deals
Skills and Qualifications:
• Admission to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office and at least one US State Court preferred
• International experience a must
• Excellent patent analysis ability
• Ability to work internally and externally with multiple stakeholders and negotiate agreements with varying opinions
• Experience managing in-house and outside counsel
• High energy to perform and meet deadlines and growth goals
• Strong technical and legal background
• Medical, Health Savings Account, dental and vision insurance
• Flexible spending options and Employee Assistance Plan
• 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee Referral Program
• Training opportunities
• FREE DISH Network Satellite TV System and Programming
• Opportunity for a level of responsibility that could take years to reach in other companies
DISH Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Apply online by visiting this link: http://tinyurl.com/mafdcma.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Englewood, Colorado
DISH Network is an innovative industry leader distinguished by its pioneering spirit. Ever since our establishment in 1980, we’ve been the ideal workplace for people with adventurous spirit and creativity, smart risk takers and aggressive winners - all those for whom the status quo just isn’t enough. Our Fortune 200 Company continues to define the curve in television entertainment. We are always improving and extending our products and delivering greater value to people, including our workforce of 20,000 plus. Come explore the big picture with us!
Intelligence. Creativity. Innovation. These are the things you’ll find at DISH Network, the pioneer in television entertainment. We offer flexible career paths for dynamic, talented individuals who are ready to be rewarded and recognized. It’s our way of giving back to exceptional people who have kept us at the forefront of our industry.