Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. is seeking a patent attorney at the Associate Director level to help in the development, protection, and management of Regeneron’s valuable intellectual property pertaining to bioprocess and manufacturing. The attorney will be required to develop close client relationships with the relevant scientific and business groups and coordinate patent filings, trade secret protection, and administrative patent actions.
The attorney will also advise on emerging legal issues, including monitoring and reviewing case law and legislative developments, and be expected to contribute to administrative and legal projects intended to develop an IP Department displaying the highest legal and ethical standards.
- Obtaining and managing intellectual property protection in bioprocess and manufacturing.
- developing close relationships with and counseling the relevant scientific and business groups;
- coordinating patent filing, trade secret protection, and administrative patent actions;
- monitoring and reviewing case law and legislative developments; and
- surveilling competitor activity and taking steps to ensure Regeneron’s long-term competitive advantage.
- Advising on complex business transactions and external partnerships.
- Conducting due diligence and supporting business transactions.
- Providing litigation support.
- Juris Doctorate and admitted to practice law in at least one state, preferably NY;
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, or Chemical Engineering required; Experience with mammalian cell culture or protein purification preferred.
- 4-8 years of pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, or chemical IP experience required at a company, law firm, or total years at both.
- Demonstrated experience in patent preparation and prosecution, licensing, due diligence and strategic client counseling; litigation experience is a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills, including presentation, interpersonal, writing and conflict resolution.
- Ability to independently oversee legal matters, manage the use of outside legal counsel and work collaboratively with other personnel at Regeneron.
- Ability to set aggressive deadlines, handle multiple complex legal matters and see projects through to conclusion.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please visit this website: http://careers.regeneron.com/job/REGEA0026302909/Associate-Director-Patent-Attorney.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Tarrytown, New York
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, atopic dermatitis, pain, and infectious diseases.