Pachira provides patent owners with licensing programs that generate maximum financial return with minimum risk for its clients involved with semiconductor and electronics engineering for which there is U.S. patent protection.
As a member of our Licensing team, our Principal Technology Advisor will be responsible for the technical support for our client’s patents when developing technology infringement cases. Working closely with our team, this role will continue to provide technical support for any of our clients’ follow-on licensing or litigation programs.
• Review clients’ portfolio of patents and assemble the technical arguments for building infringement cases
• Working closely with the Licensing team, prepare analysis documentation and assist with the presentation to our clients
• Manage relationship with external engineering resources; tracking spend relative to assigned budget
• Prepare and present technical arguments with litigation partners and assist with the ongoing technical support as required
• Track and report on the licensing team’s performance metrics
• Minimum 10 years experience in an engineering environment, with a Masters or Bachelor degree in Engineering
• Knowledge and experience with a variety of technology areas, including: software, systems, semiconductor or micro-electronics
• Patent Agent or demonstrated experience working with patent litigations and/or licensing
• Proven ability to work with minimum supervision to achieve results
You have strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to work in a dynamic team environment. You have a keen interest in many technology areas with a desire to research and learn.
Apply by emailing Pachira at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
RIM is seeking a lawyer to work within its technology licensing group to focus on open source matters. The position will involve both compliance and strategy based open source matters, and will often require complex technical and legal analysis of the integration of open source technologies with various RIM products. Work will include advising on licensing of technologies for use in RIM products and open source due diligence on M&A transactions. The position will be based in any of Waterloo, Mississauga, Ottawa, or Vancouver in Canada or Redwood City in California.
Skills and Qualifications:
• 5+ years IP licensing experience, including open source licensing experience
• experience managing open source in conjunction with proprietary software development
• in-house experience with open source licensing preferred
• demonstrated ability to generate creative solutions to complex problems taking a pragmatic approach to balancing risks and business interests
• ability to communicate effectively with technical and legal professionals and to clearly and concisely communicate issues to executives
• a demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines and balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• undergraduate degree in computer science or electrical engineering or equivalent experience preferred
• experience with C, C++, and Java preferred
Apply online at: http://www.rim.com.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Waterloo, Mississauga, Ottawa, Vancouver Canada or Redwood City in California
Nuvo Research Inc. is seeking a Patent Portfolio Manager for its IP/Legal Department in Mississauga, Ontario to work closely with the Chief Legal Counsel to manage the existing intellectual property portfolio and capture new intellectual property.
• Manage intellectual property portfolio, including the implementation of an IP management system
• Perform patentability and freedom to operate searches
• Interface with researchers and external counsel
• Assist with the preparation and prosecution of patent applications
• An advanced degree in biology or chemistry required, chemistry preferred
• Familiarity with patent law and practice, registered patent agents or lawyers would be given preference
• 3+ years experience in intellectual property in industry or at a law firm is preferred
• Ability to search patent and scientific literature quickly and efficiently
• Hands on experience with drafting and prosecuting patent applications
• Excellent writing, analytical, teamwork and communication skills
• To be determined
Interested applicants should contact email@example.com.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Mississauga, Ontario (Canada)
Nuvo is a Canadian based publicly traded drug development company headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. The company focuses on drug products delivered through the skin and on immune system regulation.
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Patent Litigation Counsel will assist with the day-to-day management of patent litigation, currently pending in 4 jurisdictions (U.S. District Court (2); ITC; Canadian Federal Court), and the US Patent & Trademark Office.
This is a significant opportunity for a junior to mid level lawyer to have real-life, hands-on experience with substantial litigation. Further information on the actions may be found at www.Desire2Learn.com/patentinfo. The position will begin as a contract position (minimum 1 year, maximum 2), but may develop into full-time employment for the right candidate.
• Coordinate legal research with Canadian & US outside counsel
• Review filings
• Assist in obtaining information for litigation
• Assist with reexamination filings
• Assist with drafting discovery responses
• Assist with developing overall strategy
Work Experience Recommendations:
• Minimum of 2 years experience in patent litigation and/or patent prosecution
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Cross border experience helpful, but not required
• Licensed to practice in the United States or Canada
• USPTO registration helpful, but not required
• NAFTA eligibility (US/Canadian/Mexican citizen)
• Law degree from nationally-recognized, ABA-accredited school
• Excellent academic credentials; journal experience preferred
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in technology-related field
This is your opportunity to make a big impact in the area of next-generation eLearning applications! Candidates that have the combination of skills and abilities as outlined are invited to submit their qualifications in confidence today.
Please apply online at www.Desire2Learn.com/Careers.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. To make the best use of your time and ours, only those applicants whose profiles closely match our requirements will be contacted directly.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Mold-Masters is seeking a Patent Engineer to assist in patent preparation including technical writing for patent applications. They will be expected to assist in investigations and preparation of opinions on issues relating to patentability, IP policies and practices. They have to interact with managers, research and design engineers at all levels, and outside patent counsel in preparation of patent applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with Operations (in particular the R&D department) to review new ideas, concepts, drawings, documents, etc;
• Work closely with applicable parties to study the technical aspects of designs and inventions and perform art searches on patented/established new ideas to identify the novelty and inventive step of the invention;
• Works with the inventor(s) to prepare a detailed background and description part of a patent application with accompanying drawings;
• Searching the Internet and downloading patents and technical literature from competitors; summarizing same in PatentTrack database.
• Prepare IDS materials (technical drawings/documents needed prior to filing), review the patents or other documents listed in the IDS and perform an additional search to capture any new patents/publications:
• Make links to other pending MML cases where the art could also be applied;
• Ensure IDS material meets established patent principles (duty of disclosure);
• Perform weekly communication with legal counsel to prepare and process patent applications;
• Review pre-filing documents carried out by outside council and confirm relevant figures for accuracy;
• Provides technical support to the R&D depratment regarding new ideas and concepts, and assists in the preparations for trade show activities
• Office Actions - The Patent Engineer is responsible for reviewing and summarizing the relevant art cited by the Patent Office, so that the Patent Engineer or Director of Intellectual Property can prepare a formal response.
• Confer with organizational personnel to evaluate and analyze patents which may infringe any of MML’s patents;
• Critically evaluate macro-market data to discern trends, anomalies, and areas of opportunity or uncertainty;
• Review market trends and maintain up-to-date awareness of new products and suppliers;
Education and Experience:
The incumbent of this role must have a University Degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical) or a relevant discipline, with minimum of three (3) years of successful experience in the hot runner industry and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. High proficiency with Microsoft Office, Acrobat, legal databases and Business Intelligence research concepts is strongly preferred.
Interested applicants can submit their resumes online, or apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
Sim & McBurney, Patent and Trade-mark Agents and, Sim, Lowman, Ashton & McKay LLP, Barristers and Solicitors, are one of Canada’s premier intellectual property boutique practices. The Firms combine an extensive international patent and trade-mark agency practice with international and domestic commercial litigation in all aspects of intellectual property, professional errors and omissions, and disputes involving the commercialization of technology.
Sim & McBurney is a partnership of patent and trade-mark agents entitled to file and prosecute patent, trade-mark, industrial design, integrated circuit and copyright applications in Canada and the United States of America, with connections throughout the world to enable clients to efficiently file and coordinate applications on a global basis. Our clients range from companies to universities, hospitals institutes; from the individual inventor to multinational corporations.
Sim & McBurney is seeking:
- Qualified Patent Agents holding a PhD in Chemistry or a Biological Science to join our Advanced Sciences Group;
- Qualified Patent Agents specializing in the Mechanical, Electrical/Electronics and Software fields; and
- A Patent Agent Trainee with 1-3 years experience and a degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics or Applied Mathematics.
The successful applicants will become part of a very collegial practice in our flexible boutique firms with a sensible workload and a team approach, well supported by experienced agents and clerical staff. Please send your resume in confidence to Lola Bartoszewicz at email@example.com.
Employer Type: Law Firm Job
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada