Bloomberg BNA provides legal, tax and compliance professionals with critical information, practical guidance and workflow solutions. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg BNA is an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader.
Bloomberg BNA seeks a Commercial Product Manager to develop, manage, and implement product updates and enhancements; act as subject-matter expert for assigned markets; and support new product development and strategic planning.
- Meet with editors to remain abreast of product updates and developments. Train and updates sales, marketing, and customer service teams on product features and benefits.
- Support field sales force for product-related questions.
- Develop and communicate competitive intelligence, points of differentiation, and market segment positioning to sales, marketing, and editorial teams.
- Lead virtual and in-person customer meetings to communicate features and benefits of the service.
- Act as main point of contact for proposed product updates and enhancements. Facilitate management review of proposals for final approval.
- Initiate and design project plans, processes, and schedule of approved product updates and enhancements to ensure effective implementation.
- Facilitate supporting activities from other departments, such as customer communications via marketing and customer service and website updates via product development.
- Ensure projects are completed according to schedule within designated financial parameters and with appropriate input from stakeholders.
- Track and report the status of projects as well as related changes and developments. Review and assess completed projects and applies findings to process improvements.
- Perform market and subscriber research for guidance in strategic planning, new product development, and evaluation of tactical programs.
- Serve as principal resource for identifying contributed content and enlisting outside authors for such content for review by editorial team.
- Detail project plans for new product launches and support marketing teams’ launch campaigns, including communications schedule and marketing promotions.
- Lead marketing team efforts to launch new products.
- Act as liaison and key point of contact with operations, customer service, and development teams to set up and launch new products.
- Maintain competitive analysis for assigned product line(s). Complete periodic analysis of pricing, promotion, and positioning of competitors’ products to identify competitive threats and market opportunities. Identify points of differentiation for products vs. competitors’ and communicates to marketing and sales teams.
- Manage product packaging to achieve brand consistency, customer satisfaction, and cost efficiencies.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years’ experience in developing, using, supporting, and/or selling IP products/services or related products and services
- Experience working with field sales force and working in IP markets (Corporation, Law Firm, or IP Consulting) or provider of such products or services a plus
- Experience developing, using, or supporting Web products strongly preferred
- Experience in project management required
- Significant knowledge of IP subject-matter, industry, markets, and customers
- Ability to understand how IP professionals and attorneys do research and what research materials and tools are important to them
- Ability to represent Bloomberg Law effectively in a variety of contexts, both inside and outside of the company
- Ability to work effectively in an environment of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure
- Strong project management, analytical, and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in science or technical subjects; additional coursework in business and marketing or equivalent experience
- JD or MBA degree preferred
To apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Arlington, Virginia